Annual Membership runs from January 1 to December 31 in any one year
Subscriptions are due on 1 January and reminders will be sent to those who need one at the end of March with a further reminder in the spring Newsletter. If subscriptions have not been received, despite reminders, by 30 June, then the member in arrears will be deemed to have forfeited membership and will be removed from the members’ list.
Notice of the need for renewal will be posted in the September Newsletter.
Subscriptions may be paid either by Standing Order (and we do encourage this method of payment) or by cheque. We regret that, at the moment, we cannot accept payments by BACs although this is under review. An SO form is attached to the Membership application form which can be printed off.
Cheques made payable to, Friends of Cumbria Archives, should be sent to the Hon. Treasurer, Mrs Lorna Mullett, 24 Pennine Way, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 8EE.
Annual membership rates are: £12.00 for a single membership, or £15.00 for two people at one address, and/or a society/group.
FoCAS welcomes new members who value and wish to assist the excellent archive service we enjoy in Cumbria. We have membership spread across the United Kingdom and Europe, and contact with other FRIENDS groups throughout the country.
FOCAS membership is open to individuals, families, corporate bodies and societies.
WHAT WE DO
• Provide volunteers to assist with cataloguing & archive-related projects;
• Give financial help towards the purchase of historic documents, reference books, diaries and equipment;
• Make grants to members for research using Cumbria Archives;
• Give donations to assist organisations with similar interests in Cumbria;
• Provide matched-funding for Archive Centre projects, e.g. digitisation of maps, photographs, diaries, etc.;
• Liaise with Archive Centre staff and Cumbria County Council on development plans for the Service;
• Publish three full-colour Newsletters per year, full of latest archive news;
• Run a Members’ Day each year, along with the AGM.
* Welcome bequests, which greatly enhance the support we are able give to CAS and archival projects.
To join FoCAS, please download the following application forms and return by post to the address shown.